- Most of the Wix-created websites are not responsive, meaning that they do not appear properly on mobile devices.
- Wix's templates and AI-powered design tools restrict flexibility, and switching templates requires starting over as the only way to change templates.
Custom Code Challenges
- Customization options for advanced coding may be limited.
- Certain coding languages may not be fully supported.
- Some specific apps and plugins are only available via the App Market and you need to invest an extra amount for them.
- Absence of external third-party apps or plugins might be a problem, depending on your overall growth goals.
Limited SEO optimization
- Wix lacks advanced SEO features like sitemap editing and image optimization, hindering search engine rankings.
- Wix's default code may include unused code-bloating features, slowing down website loading times.
Limited growth capabilities
- Wix is designed for small to medium-sized websites and may suffer performance issues with increased traffic or complexity.
- Suitable for selling products on the side, not full-fledged internet businesses.
- Relatively sophisticated tools, but far behind all the e-commerce specialized platforms.
Design Transfer and Collaboration
Coding and Design
Content Management and SEO
E-commerce and Security
Collaboration and Cost-Effectiveness
Updates and Accessibility
Wix to Webflow- Steps for migrating:
Create a Backup
Go to settings in the left-hand menu, then select General from the settings menu, and then scroll down to the site backup section. - You need to have up-to-date backup, in order to prevent any glitches or data loss.
Planning the migration
We will carefully outline your goals and objectives for your new website.
We will design your original Webflow website from scratch. In the meantime, if you do not want your original site version in Webflow, we will redesign it and you will work with our design team.
Importing the Content
We will import your content from Wix, and we will make sure that no content is lost in the process. Otherwise, if you want to have specifically written and optimized content, you will work with our content team to correctly outline your goals and write them properly.
Optimizing your website for search engines
Part of our work when migrating a website is to properly implement all the SEO best practices, in order to meet all the search engine guidelines. - If you want a specifically curated SEO strategy for your business and to outrank your competitors, you will have to work with our SEO team, in order to properly position you on the SERP (search engine result page).
We will redirect all the important URLs from your previous Wix website, and make sure that no link juice is lost in the process, so you don’t lose important ranking in the process.
We will test your new website to see if there are any flaws in the code and if everything is displaying properly on mobile as well as desktop versions.
As a Webflow agency, we offer constant monitoring and improvement of your website in the long term. - If there are any issues that appear in the future you can always contact us and we will find the best solution possible.
Migrating from Squarespace to Webflow may present a time-consuming challenge, requiring careful attention to transfer all elements and functionalities.
If you are using a Wix-hosted domain, you will first need to transfer it away from Wix to Webflow.
Custom Code and Script Adaptation
Adapting or adding custom codes and scripts from Wix might be a challenge, but understanding Webflow's coding system makes integrating custom elements a breeze.
Webflow has powerful features, but it takes a bit of time to learn. Familiarize yourself with the platform before starting the migration process.
Migration may bring CMS challenges. Get to know Webflow's Content Management System to handle potential issues in organizing your content.
Read our most asked questions from Tech companies.