Table of contents
1. Webflow overview 👁️
We find Webflow’s interface to be extremely intuitive and easy to use. In comparison to Bubble, it is a visual platform that is well-suited for creating both simple and complex websites. It is also the best choice for beginners with no prior experience with web development.
- Wide range of features, including built-in e-commerce functionality, SEO tools, and CMS
- Drag-and-drop interface that's easy to use, even for beginners
- 24/7 support through live chat, email, and phone channels
2. Bubble overview 👁️
Bubble is a powerful no-code platform that allows you to create complex web applications with custom interactions. Before you chose to build a website with this platform, keep in mind that the development process can be more difficult than expected, especially if you are a beginner.
- Perfect for creating more complex web applications
- Its visual programming language is easier to learn than traditional code
- Gives you more control over the code and customizes it to your needs
3. Bubble vs Webflow Key Comparisons 🆚
Want to learn more about the pros and cons of Webflow and Bubble? Keep scrolling to explore our side-by-side comparison of the two platforms, or you can check out our Bubble to Webflow migration.
3.1. Webflow vs Bubble - Comparing Ease of Use & Features 💻
As you’ve already learned, Webflow and Bubble are both no-code platforms that allow you to create websites and web applications without writing any code. However, they have different strengths and weaknesses in terms of ease of use and features.
3.2. Webflow vs Bubble - Comparing Design Freedom🎨
Both Webflow and Bubble stand at the top of the charts of design freedom. However, Bubble gives you a bit more control over the underlying code, so we think it wins this round.
3.3. Webflow vs Bubble - Integrations Comparison🖇️
Webflow offers a wide range of integrations with e-commerce platforms, marketing tools, and other third-party services. These integrations are easy to set up and manage, making Webflow a good choice for businesses that need to connect their website to a variety of other applications.
3.4. Webflow vs Bubble - SEO Capabilities🛠️
Both platforms offer a wide range of SEO tools, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. Webflow's SEO tools are more intuitive and easier to use, while Bubble's SEO tools offer more flexibility and control.
3.5. Webflow vs Bubble - Learning Curves & Academies 📖
Webflow has a steeper learning curve than Bubble, but don't worry. With enough motivation, you can learn to build on either platform. Both platforms have online academies that can help you learn how to use them.
3.6. Support 🤖
We personally appreciate Webflow's active community forum and its responsive support team. When we were first getting started with Webflow, we had a question about a custom form and received a clear and concise response within a few hours.
4. When to choose Webflow and Bubble
Before we dive into the best examples for inspiration, let's take a short look at how Webflow and Bubble compare for different types of websites.
As you can see in the comparison table, Webflow is the better choice for most cases. However, Bubble is the best option:
- When you need a lot of features like a membership system or a social network
- When you need a custom design and add your own custom code
For example, some extremely complex websites built with Bubble are Shopify, Notion, Kickstarter.
4.1. Building landing page website
Webflow is a popular choice for building landing pages, especially for complex projects with many features. Here are some of the reasons why:
- It offers a variety of templates and has a built-in CMS
- It makes it easy to A/B test
- It has visual drag-and-drop builder
- It is Mobile-friendly
As an example, the landing page of this website was built with Webflow, and it’s a clear testament to its power and flexibility!
4.2. Building E-commerce 🛒
Both Bubble and Webflow are great platforms for building e-commerce websites. The right choice for you depends on your specific needs and requirements.
- Webflow is a powerful and flexible platform that allows us to create responsive, and high-performing websites without any coding knowledge. We appreciate the fact that it's constantly being updated with new features and functionality.
- Bubble is another great platform for building e-commerce websites, but it gives you more control over the design and functionality of your store. This can be a good thing if you have complex or unique e-commerce requirements.
Fabletics’ website is clean and modern, designed for women who are looking for a convenient and easy-to-use online store for activewear.
On the other hand, Wildfang's website is bold and playful, made for users who are looking for more unique and stylish shopping experience.
4.3. Building a Real-estate website 🏠
As a web agency that specializes in building high-performing real estate websites, we have found that Webflow is the best platform for our needs.
For example, we recently built a website for INclusive, a luxury real estate agency in Bulgaria, that meets all of their needs:
- Displays a large number of properties in a beautiful and easy-to-use way.
- Allows users to search for properties by different criteria, such as price, location, and number of bedrooms.
- Enables users to contact agents directly from the website.
- Is fully customized to match INclusive's branding and style.
Step into a world of luxury real estate and visit INclusive's new website
4.4. Building a portfolio website 🖼️
As we mentioned, Webflow is a no-code platform that allows us to create custom websites without having to write any code. This is important for portfolio websites, as they often need to showcase a wide range of work and be visually appealing.
For example, check out Alex Beige’s portfolio website which is full of personality and style.
Bubble is a more powerful platform than Webflow, but it is also more complex and requires more technical knowledge to use. This makes it a better choice for building complex websites, but not the best option for building portfolios or other simple websites.
4.5. Blog Website 🖊️
Blogs need to be updated frequently, so a simple and user-friendly platform is essential. Webflow is a great option for this, as it offers a drag-and-drop interface and pre-built templates that can save you a lot of time and effort.
If you're looking for inspiration, check out The Minimalist Journey, a blog made with Webflow by Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus. They've been traveling the world since 2010, sharing their journey to a more minimalist lifestyle.
5. Final Thoughts on Webflow vs Bubble Debate💭
When deciding between Webflow and Bubble, here are the most important things to consider:
- Your budget
Webflow is generally cheaper than Bubble, especially for simple projects. However, Bubble can be more affordable for complex projects.
- Your experience
If you are a beginner, Webflow оffers more support and resources to get you started. However, Bubble is a good choice if you have some coding experience and want more control over the development process.
- Your needs
Think about the specific features and functionality you need for your website. Webflow is a good choice for creating simple websites with a lot of visual elements. Bubble is a good choice for creating complex websites with a lot of dynamic functionality.
Ideally, the best way to decide which one is right for you is to try them both! But if you're feeling overwhelmed, don't worry. We can help you choose the right platform for your needs, and we can even build your website for you from start to finish.