- Figma excels in design creation, not website deployment.
- Creating highly interactive prototypes might be challenging.
- Figma needs a constant internet connection due to its cloud-based nature.
- Offline work is not an option.
- Figma lacks a built-in content management system (CMS).
- Managing website content requires additional steps or tools.
- Figma doesn't offer built-in e-commerce capabilities.
- Setting up online stores directly is not possible.
- Figma's free plan limits the number of projects and collaborators.
- This restriction can hinder the workflow of larger teams.
- Figma's custom code integration capabilities are somewhat limited.
- Designs requiring extensive custom code may face limitations.
Design Transfer and Collaboration
Coding and Design
Content Management and SEO
E-commerce and Security
Collaboration and Cost-Effectiveness
Updates and Accessibility
Figma to Webflow migration: What are the steps?
Launch Your Webflow Journey
Hit that "Create a new website" button and embark on your Webflow adventure. This simple step marks the beginning of transforming your design dreams into a digital reality.
Give Your Project a Memorable Name
Assign it a clear and catchy name to make it easy to identify later on. This simple yet crucial step saves you time and effort.
Define Your Brand's Visual Identity
Use global styles to establish your website's overall look and feel, encompassing fonts, colors, and spacing. This consistent approach strengthens your brand presence and makes your website instantly recognizable.
Grab Your Figma Assets and Go
Before diving into the Webflow build process, you should export your assets from Figma to ensure you have all the building blocks ready to assemble your website.
Lay the Foundation with Div-frames
Construct div-frames using HTML elements to form the basic structure of your website. This step creates a solid framework upon which your design can take shape and flourish.
Add Engaging Content and Styling
Utilize the Webflow Style Editor to add and style content within your div-frames. This intuitive tool empowers you to craft visually appealing and informative elements that captivate your audience.
Preview and Perfect Your Layout
Employ the Webflow Preview tool to test your website's layout across various devices and screen sizes. This meticulous approach ensures an optimal viewing experience for all visitors, regardless of their device preferences.
You did it!
Congratulations! You've successfully migrated your project from Figma to Webflow. Take a moment to bask in the satisfaction of a job well done.
Webflow has a learning curve.
If you're new to Webflow, spend some time learning the basics before you start building your website.
Not all Figma features are available in Webflow
Be prepared to make some adjustments to your design during the conversion process.
If your Figma design incorporates custom code elements, you may need to reimplement those elements in Webflow using its own coding system.
Read our most asked questions from Tech companies.